Without a doubt starting training Jiu-Jitsu at Gracie Sydney is a great decision! Do you know that sport that offers advantages beyond the physical aspect and also brings great lessons to your personal life? Well, that’s jiu-jitsu! The practice is closely associated with improving self-defense skills, strengthening the body and mind, breathing control, increasing well-being, and, above all, character formation. It’s no wonder that we see several schools using jiu-jitsu to teach children and young people notions of sociability, respect, and discipline.
The art of jiu-jitsu was developed with the philosophy that you can overcome a stronger opponent using only techniques. The efficiency of jiu-jitsu techniques was proven with the challenges carried out by the Gracie family and the first UFC fights. Statistically, it has been shown that, in a real situation, 9 out of 10 fights end up on the ground, where jiu-jitsu can bring an advantage.
Known as a gentle art, there are numerous benefits that jiu-jitsu can provide to the body and mind. We’ve put together a list of good reasons for you to start practicing this martial art.
Main benefits of jiu-jitsu:
- Develops strength, endurance, and flexibility.
- Focuses on fighting and ground movement.
- It helps to lose weight and have a great physical condition.
- It also teaches self-defense techniques and develops self-confidence.
- The lifestyle that accompanies the practice of jiu-jitsu brings benefits to the body through stretching and healthy eating.
- It helps to fight stress and anxiety, providing well-being.
- Increases reflection.
- Provides the practitioner with a more defined body.
- Improves the practitioner’s cardiovascular and respiratory capacity.
And all this confidence – and hope, so to speak – in the martial art comes from the fact that jiu jitsu has a secular origin based on Japanese culture. The name itself explains well what the modality is based on. Jiu-jitsu comes from the Japanese jūjutsu, which means “gentle art”. That is, strength is not the watchword here; the focus is on the fighter’s technique, which uses lever, twist and pressure gestures to use the opponent’s blow against himself, dominate him and take him to the ground.
FREE Trials from Monday to Friday. Enquire NOW:
📞 (02) 8488 3039