- 4 fish fillets (salmon, orange roughy, or tilapia)
- 1⁄2 of a green bell pepper minced
- 1⁄2 of a red bell pepper minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced cilantro
- 1 package of cream cheese (8 oz)
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites (whipped to stiff peak or “snow”)
- Salt to taste
Servings: 2-4 people
Cook the fish in the olive oil with garlic, onion, bell peppers, and salt. Let the fish cook in its own water; do not add water. When cooked, add the cilantro. Allow it to cook until the water dries up. Mash the fish with a fork so it will crumble. Let it cool down.
Whip the cream cheese with the egg yolks and 3 tablespoons of water; add this cream to the mashed fish and mix everything. Add the whipped egg whites and mix gently. Pour everything in a Pyrex dish greased with butter and bake it in a preheated oven at 350 ̊ for approximately 40 minutes or until golden brown. It’s ready to serve.
This dish combines with any starch because it does not contain any flour.