[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
SPORT: BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU (BLACK BELT)
- 2011 Pan Pacific Brown Belt No-Gi Champion (67-73kg)
- 2011 Pan Pacific Brown Belt Gi Runner Up (67-73kg)
- 2010 Pan Pacific Brown Belt Adult No-Gi Runner Up (67-73kg)
- 2010 Pan Pacific Brown Belt Gi 3rd Place (67-73kg)
- 2010 World Masters Brown Belt 3rd Place (67-73kg)
I have been training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since 1997. Back then the only place to train was with a blue belt on the Gold Coast. In 1991 I moved to Sydney but did not start to train again till 2001. I was actually present at Bruno Panno’s first class in Australia. I have been a student learning from Bruno and Marcos Nevel ever since that day. Brazilian jiu Jitsu has been a big part of my life from the first moment I trained. It really intrigues my brain and the chess match that ensues whenever you put on a gi.
In 2013 I received my Black belt. I cannot express in words what an achievement this is and what this tremendous martial art has given to me. It is a life-long obsession which has now overflowed into teaching so that I can help pass on the techniques and positive influence that BJJ has bestowed upon me.