*Article from Gracie Magazine
Feeling a bit discouraged?
- Maybe you need the help of some of mankind’s greatest thinkers to get your motivation to train and compete back on tracks.
- Here are 8 immortal quotes that will help you go back to the right path of self improvement on and off the mats.
- “Victory is reserved for those who are willing to pay its price.” – Sun Tzu
- “Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, not in the victory itself.”- Mahatma Gandhi
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.”- William Arthur Ward
- “He that struggles with us strengthens our nerves, and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.”- Edmund Burke
- “They say life is for those who know how to live, but no one is born ready. Life is for anyone who is brave enough to risk and humble enough to learn.”- Clarice Lispector
- “Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets.”- Leonardo Da Vinci
- I hated every minute of training, but I said, don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ – Muhammad Ali
- “With Jiu-Jitsu I learnt, above all, the great lesson, which was to get to know myself profoundly”- Carlos Gracie
NOW, GO, HIT THE MATS AND HAVE FUN!!!